Your privacy is critically important to us. OUR PRINCIPLES:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
What information about me does Bikeactually collect and how is it used?
- Bikeactually has your consent;
- Bikeactually determines that it is required to do so by law; such as in response to a court order or subpoena;
- Bikeactually finds that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- it is necessary in Bikeactually’s opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Site or Bikeactually’s network;
- it is necessary in Bikeactually’s opinion to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bikeactually or its employees, the users of its website(s), or the public; or
- it is necessary to fulfill your product or service order. Bikeactually uses a credit card processing company to process your credit card information as required for your order and to ensure that your transaction is secure. This processing company does not retain, share, store or use your personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
Information about you and your use of the Site may be aggregated with other information collected on the Site or otherwise used in ways that do not personally identify you or constitute personally identifiable information. This type of aggregated or statistical information may be used by us to improve the quality of the Site or for other purposes that we may deem appropriate.
What does Bikeactually do to protect the data I transmit to Bikeactually?
The Site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information such as your name and address, as well as critically sensitive information such as your credit card number. Bikeactually engages a company that is an industry leader in online security and site verification to ensure the security of Bikeactually’s site. The Site is also registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm Bikeactually’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, Bikeactually’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
What can I do to help make sure the security works correctly?
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Site. Please note: If you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted. Bikeactually will not be responsible for any compromise of data that is intercepted due to your use of an unsecured browser. Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid site identification information for the site you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Bikeactually recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the site you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than the normal http://), along with the security symbol of your browser (an open or closed padlock in Netscape or a broken or complete key in Internet Explorer) to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the site to which you are connected. Bikeactually encourages you to use this to check the validity of any site you connect to using secure communications.
If my credit card company determines that there are fraudulent charges on my account, what should I do?
Does Bikeactually offer opt-out or opt-in services?
Yes. If you choose to stop receiving emails from Bikeactually, please follow the unsubscribe instructions within each email communication or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bikeactually will not provide or share any mailing lists or other information about you to another company or service for promotional purposes. Any service related emails (to confirm a purchase, etc.) generally do not offer an option to unsubscribe as they are necessary to provide the service you requested.
What if information I have previously submitted has changed?
If you need to correct, amend or delete submitted information that is inaccurate please contact Bikeactually at email@example.com. Bikeactually will respond to your email request within 7-10 business days. In addition, you may correct, amend or delete submitted information that is inaccurate by visiting “Edit Profile” on the Site.
While Bikeactually continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Bikeactually cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Bikeactually. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Bikeactually welcomes your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send any questions or comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.